New Moon Manifesting Ritual:
It can be helpful to keep in mind the sign that the New Moon is in. You can discover this information by heading to my monthly Moon blog and reading all about the New Moon or you can check the app Astro Seek or just simply ask Google!
Once you determine the sign the New Moon is in, you can keep these themes in mind while performing your ritual:
Aries: identity, leadership, fire, initiation, or beginnings.
Taurus: aesthetics, art, nature, grounding, earth.
Gemini: mental stimulation, conversations, air, knowledge, social life.
Cancer: emotions, water, homemaking, comfort, moon.
Leo: creativity, fame, sun/fire, sovereignty.
Virgo: goddess energy, analytical abilities, Earth.
Libra: balance, beauty, harmony, air.
Scorpio: shadow self, rebirth, transformation, past, intimacy.
Sagittarius: travel/adventure, fire, education.
Capricorn: hard work, career, structure, earth.
Aquarius: revolution, new ideas, air, uniqueness.
Pisces: water, mystical, subconscious mind, collective consciousness, dreams.
1. Find a quiet, comfortable place to perform your ritual. If it’s not already a sacred space where you perform your spiritual practices, simply cleanse, and clear the area in preparation for your ritual. You can do this by ensuring the space is physically clean. Then use your favorite incense or the smudge stick that came with your New Moon Kit or smudge spray to energetically cleanse and clear the area. Say a prayer, asking your guides, angels, or whomever you typically pray to, to keep your space protected from any and all low vibrational or negative energies.
2. Make sure you have all your ritual supplies handy before beginning. And be sure to turn off your phone and let friends and family members in your household know you are about to perform your ritual so as to eliminate as many distractions as possible. You’ll need:
Pen and paper
New Moon Essential Oil Blend
Crystals and a crystal grid (if you don’t have one you can google crystal grids and print one off the internet or purchase one from The Healing Sisterhood).
Tea or your favorite warm comforting drink
Optional: Heat-safe bowl for burning your intentions (be careful with burning anything inside. It will be safer to do this last so you can burn outside where it will be safer.)
Optional: Oracle deck
3. Begin your ritual by taking a warm luxurious bath using the Bath Salts from your New Moon kit. This helps to not only set the mood for your ritual but serves as a way of cleansing your own energy field before performing your New Moon Ritual.
4. After your bath put on some comfortable clothing and light your candle. Anoint yourself and the candle with the New Moon EO blend. You can put 1-2 drops on the candle wax, being careful not to put the oil on the wick itself, and 1-3 drops on yourself. As the candle burns gaze into the flame and visualize your New Moon intentions coming true.
5. Create a crystal grid using crystals associated with the Moon. If you aren’t familiar with how to create a grid, you can simply place the crystals in the area where you will be performing the ritual. Here are some crystal suggestions:
Clear Quartz for healing and amplification of other crystal energies
Citrine for good luck, abundance, success
Labradorite for strengthening spiritual awareness
Moonstone for new beginnings and protection
Rose Quartz for unconditional love
6. Allow yourself to sit quietly in meditation for as long as you wish. You can sit in silence or turn on your favorite meditation music.
7. Upon coming out of meditation, take your journal and write your intentions for the month ahead. Here are some prompts to get you started.
What kind of energy do I want to experience over the next month?
What do I desire to manifest the most at this moment?
What action steps can I take toward achieving my dreams?
Write out all your goals, hopes, and dreams for the month ahead.
Write a gratitude letter to the Universe expressing your thanks and gratitude for the details of your intentions coming true. Be sure to write in the present tense.
9. Create a New Moon affirmation for yourself. Here is a suggested affirmation you can use to get started:
Dear Universe, I am so grateful that ‘XYZ’ has become my reality. Thank you for assisting me in making this dream come true. I am celebrating this accomplishment (be specific) by ‘XYZ’
10. You can end here with a prayer thanking your guides, guardians, angels, etc., and close the ceremony by blowing out your candle; or take one or more of the following optional steps.
1. Take your oracle deck and shuffle the cards in preparation for pulling a card or two. You can ask any or all of the following questions:
What steps do I need to take to accomplish my goal/intention?
What should I focus on to stay aligned with my path and higher purpose in manifesting?
Is there anything to watch out for or be mindful of as I manifest my desires?
2. After pulling your card/s you can take a few moments now to journal what you received.
3. Now that you’ve journaled and created an affirmation you can write your New Moon intention and/or affirmation on a small piece of paper or a bay leaf. This is what you can burn outside in a heat-safe bowl at the conclusion of your ritual.
4. Take the affirmation or intention you wrote on a small piece of paper outside with your heat-safe bowl and burn the paper under the New Moon. Once it’s burned, you can throw away the ashes or throw the ashes up into the air toward the Moon.